- Spring Conformation Obedience and Agility Show – We are a member club of the 5 day Peach Blossom Cluster Held on the 3 rd weekend of April at GA Agricenter in Perry GA, with partner clubs, Valdosta KC, and the Combined Specialties of Atlanta.
- We sponsor a Microchip clinic, Heart, Eye, and Radiographic Imaging Health testing, CGC, and many other events with the Cluster such as, Barn Hunt, Diving Dogs, Lure coursing, Fast CAT, CGC, Trick dog, Rally Obedience. and Farm Dog.
- We are adding more fun things to do with our dogs every year. It’s Disneyland for Dogs! Be sure to volunteer to help during the week and support our shows with trophies.
- UGA College of Veterinary Medicine Scholarship awards-
for the past 40 plus years we have awarded four $2000 Scholarships to students specializing in Small Animal
Medicine. A delegation attends the awards dinner. Awards are given honoring the memory of past club members Roy & Hazel Ayers, Herman & Judy Fellton, Paul & Gloria Karelson & J. Wen Lundeen, Asa Mays, DVM, and Cecelia K. Williams.
- Agility Trials
We have a total of 5 Trials during the year in Perry. Three trials are held in April with the Peach Blossom Cluster. In July there are 2 stand alone trials with the Chattahoochee Weimaraner Club. Our member trial secretary is Mr. Jim Macke.
- Christmas party in December with gift exchange and collection of money for PALS
- Monthly Dinner Meetings are on the 3 rd Wednesday of each month except the April meeting is in Perry, the February Meeting is Tues for the Westminster watch party, and Oct we have an event in our bldg. We host educational speakers at each meeting for our members and visitors.
- Training Building in Alpharetta,
1155 Alpha Dr, Suite B, 30004 off EXIT 12 / GA Hwy 400, offers classes and educational seminars throughout the year. A class and event schedule is posted on our website and Facebook pages. It is available for rent to other canine groups as our schedule allows.
- Publish a monthly member Digest and maintain a website www.atlantakennelclub.org , and a Facebook page.
- Support of our Junior Members, offering $300 for qualifying and attending Westminster and the AKC Championship, and matching AKC scholarships, to Juniors who work for the club at our events.
- Monthly brag money is donated to a dog related charity selected each year by the board.
- Support of PALS – Pets are Loving Support – donations taken at the Christmas party.
- Support of Canine Health Foundation –We are a founding member, having given more than $10,000. Donations are made yearly.
- Support the AKC Museum of the Dog – with sponsoring donation and plaque in NY.
- Support of Georgia Canine Coalition –We are a major supporter of our Georgia legislative watchdog committee which protects our rights to own and show dogs.
- Provided several protective vests for the Johns Creek Police Canine Unit.
- Sponsored the purchase of a Police Detection Dog for a North Georgia Police Dept.
- Support of Search and Rescue – Coordinated with the dogs clubs of Georgia in the donation to the State of Georgia of a Bronze Statue commemorating the Search and Rescue Dogs of 9/11. A bronze statue of a German Shepherd dog standing on the rubble of the Trade Center stands in a special garden location on the grounds of the Georgia Agriculture Building in Atlanta. A Bronze plaque lists the donors.
- Donation of an AKC REUNITE Pet Disaster Relief Trailer to GEMA to help dogs in Georgia or the SE in the event of an Emergency Event. Ours was the first trailer donated by a single club in the United States. The trailer is kept at Georgia Tech for deployment on request by GEMA or cities affected by disasters to help protect displaced pets.
- Support of other charities Our Atlanta KC Foundation is a 501 C3 organization created to support our charitable contributions. Members and friends are encouraged to remember the club in any bequests or donations supporting a favorite dog charity.
- Yearly, the Board makes recommendations to the Foundation for donations to appropriate charities and members are invited to offer suggestions.